Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Top Fitness Strategies: You No Longer Have To Live In The Gym To Be Fit!



How many times have you said this... "I need to do something to get back into shape."? If you're like most people, probably more than once. But what stopping you from doing it? What's stopping you for getting back into shape? Or, just getting into shape? Better yet, from just improving your overall health and fitness?
The more people I talk with, the more articles I read, one thing is becoming clear to me... the older I get, the less time I WANT to spend in a gym. Oh sure, there are exceptions all the time, but the days of my 2-3 hour workouts are gone. Those days of "having" to get to the gym are over. As much as I love the clanging of iron bars at the gym, reality is I'm busy with this thing called LIFE!
Back when we could go to the gym for those 2-3 hours, we enjoyed ourselves. Admit it, you had friends you talked to, people you hung out with and so on, which was perfectly fine... at that time. Remember, our life was different back then.
That was a time when we only had ourselves to worry about. That was the time when we had high priorities of listening to the right music while lifting. We worried about how much we could bench press. Remember those days? Fun times! I LOVED IT! But, time waits for no one and we all move on, right?
Please understand, I'm not saying we don't have time for a workout, I'm saying we can no long live at the gym! Does that make sense?
In other words, we have moved on with life and have become wives or husbands that have other priorities now, we can't focus our attention at getting that extra pump just to keep up with your gym buddies. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for pumping up and looking good, but what I'm saying is things have changed for us. Do you agree?
So, what do we do about it? What do we do to get fit and healthy as our age gets higher and higher?
Do we go back to living at the gym? What's our other choices?
But Andrew, that's the only way I know how to workout. That's the way I used to do it and I have to go all out or I just won't do it.
Or, and I LOVE this one... "I have to put 100% into everything or I just won't do it."
No one says to not put 100% in, I'm just saying our priorities and our time commitment to the gym has changed. You can still put 100% in, but you'll be doing it differently than you're used to.
I've interviewed a LOT of Fitness Professionals, and unless your profession IS fitness, they all say you don't have to live in the gym to see results. 30-60 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week, is all you need. If you can do more, GREAT! But the days of living at the gym has gone by us my friend.
If you're 40+ years old, and you WANT to spend 2-3 hours a day at the gym, by all means, DO IT! I applaud you for it! You really have your stuff together, without question.
But, for the majority of us, that just won't happen.
Now, most of us just want to get back to feeling good about ourselves, like what we see in the mirror, and do it with worrying about taking time away from LIFE. I'm telling you it can be accomplished. There is hope without having to live in the gym. All it takes is a little bit of time, some commitment, sprinkle in some common sense in the eating department, and you'll start to see results quicker than you think.
Do I have all the answers and secrets? Nope, no one does. But, I'm giving you a way to get closer to those answers and secrets. I'm offering you a way to listen to people who understand your situation, who have been through it, who have worked with others in your situation. I do this on a monthly basis by interviewing Fitness Professionals from around the world.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8984351