Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 14 September 2015

They All Said I Couldn't Do It!



Isn't it funny that other people like to make decisions about your life, and what you are capable of? When I was at primary school, a very long time ago, I remember a discussion between a teacher and my parents; basically they said that I would never achieve much. Yes in my hearing, disgraceful! Admittedly I did have a very academically bright young sister.
I plodded on through my schooldays in a C grade class whilst my sister passed the 11+ at 9 years old. I stayed on into the 5th form instead of leaving at 15 as was the practice then. However I was told although I had followed the examination course and done all the homework, it would be a waste of school funds to put me in for the exam, so disappointed I shrugged it off.
The worm turns. Years later with a divorce pending I needed to enrol in a teachers training course to gain a suitable job to allow me to take care of my 3 children. I had 5 months to take and pass a minimum of 4 exams, (but the course had been running for 3 months), I also had to produce a portfolio for the art department in order to be accepted.
It so happened that the music teacher from my secondary school lived next door to my mothers, so with much head-shaking she declared I would never do it. This was also the view of the tutors at the college where I was enrolling for the exams, not to mention the staff at the teachers training college. They virtually made me promise that if I didn't succeed in the 5 months I would enrol for the following year before they would accept me.
However 5 months later I took the exams and passed and achieved 6 not 4 passes, also an art portfolio. I gained a place at the teachers training college and 3 years later came out with a teaching certificate.
Believe me, you can do pretty much whatever you set out to do if you want it enough. You need a plan and lots of determination and belief. Never ever give up or doubt your ability. Just enjoy the challenge. Maybe this is why I enjoyed teaching children needing extra help, often it was more a case of building their confidence in their ability. I have yet to find a child I cannot teach to read, even a youngster of 15 who staff had given up on! He made excellent progress with the right encouragement!
Decide what you want out of life and go for it. Just DO IT!
I now have an affiliate marketing hobby business which is great fun. It is rewarding and satisfying watching it grow. Once again people had laughed at me for years when I was planning an internet business, saying it wouldn't work, or I couldn't make it work.
Now whose turn is it to laugh? Yes all the way to the bank. You too can build an internet business or do whatever is your dream, just believe in yourself and stick with it until you succeed.
So if you fancy building an online business and working at home begin now and research your niche. Affiliate marketing is the simplest way to start online. You direct customers to your mentor's products and with a proven plan and guidance it becomes a simple way to start online. Read some of my articles to discover more, or leave me a comment.
Oh! And by the way we are moving to Spain in October to spend warmer winters there, another thing everyone doubted I would actually achieve! Don't listen to the doubters, just do it!
Here are some books to help you on your way:
"Living with Passion" by Peter L Hirsch
"Ask for the Moon" by Percy Ross
"Awaken the Giant" by Anthony Robins
"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" Susan Jeffers
"Make friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie
"The power of your subconscious Mind " by Dr Joseph Murphy
My name is Anne -"We always aim to give more value than you expect"
Best Wishes in your venture, take a look at the information to grow your business FAST.
I would like to introduce you to Sarah Staar's fantastic FREE information videos she has allowed me to share with you. She is a very successful Internet Marketer and Coach. Her videos are very clear and easy to follow - See for your-self NOW whilst they are available to view FREE! You will find several on our website - enjoy!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9137064