Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 23 May 2013

Exotic Metals vs. Magnet (including uranium)



I believe this video is unique. I haven't found a video on YouTube showing so many different metals and their effect with magnets. I dream of getting all the available elemental metals and make updates for this video series.

I have had quite a lot feedback suggesting that I should have put the magnet on a string or scale so smaller effects would be visualized. I try this in part two for this video with my newest element samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gB775...
But I predict that my future samples of the costly precious metals will be so small that they will not affect even a delicate balanced magnet :)
I may at some point redo this video with a stringed magnet, but with 41 metals it is quite a large project :|

Video responses with magnets versus other metals not featured in my video are more than welcome!