Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 19 September 2015

Is Opening a Successful Online Business Just a Pipe Dream?



I am often asked "can I really succeed in an online business when so many other people have tried and failed?"
Everybody wants to know if they are going to succeed in any new business venture before they have even begun. But the truth is, no body knows. The one thing I do know though, is if you go into your new business doubting whether you can do... then you are sure to fail. Or at least have a more difficult time of it.
Why would anybody do anything if they thought they would fail at it? That's just crazy talk. If your first reaction to starting a business is "oh well I'll give it a try, but I know so many others who have failed, so I'm sure I will too", then you are setting yourself up for failure.
You need to go into your new business with a positive mindset. Dream big! Because then, and only then, can you succeed big.
I wasn't always successful. In fact my life was pretty dire. I was a young single mother, living on the run from an abusive ex-partner. I had nothing but my children, the car I drove, the clothes on our backs and our health. But i was determined to do something about it. I promised myself that I would turn my life around. Not just for me, but for my children. And what I learned along the way is that it's not so much the business you choose. The thing that stops people from succeeding is often their biggest critic... themselves.
Here is the problem.Without you there is no business. You ARE the business. And if you don't go into it with the right frame of mind - the right attitude - you may as well stick to the crappy job you go to every day.
I decided that if I was going to be successful at anything I had to look inwards. I had to take charge of myself. I had to be determined to succeed. Because if I wasn't. I was going to remain in the same sorry situation forever.
When you work for yourself, the buck stops with you. There is no one else to blame, there is no one to whine to when things don't quite go your way. There is no one to pep you up when you're having a bad day. You're it!
The other problem I found was when I was doing my research. I came across so many sites making unrealistic claims like 'how you can make thousands of dollars in only minutes a day!' Look, while making money online is relatively easy, with the right foundations in place. It takes a hell of a lot longer than mere minutes a day.
When I am building a new business, as well as working in my already established businesses, I'm working from 6 am to midnight (at least). 7 days a week, for as long as it takes to get it right. Why? Because I know the pay off at the end will be worth it. But even then, it takes more than minutes a day to maintain.
For instance, if you have ever written an article, you know it takes time, especially if you want quality over quantity, which, by the way, should always be the case if you want to maintain your readership.
So is building your own successful online business just a pipe-dream? It is if you're not ready for hard work. It is if you're not dreaming of success. It is if you are not willing to take the risk.
So invest in yourself. Take a chance. Believe in yourself and live the life you really want.
Like Nike's famous tag line says "Just Do It!"
There's plenty of room for everyone.
Amy Lowe is is an author, mother, public speaker and 'business junkie'.
Amy's new business is My Success Vault. A membership site teaching people how to be successful online. She focuses not only the business skills people require, but also on developing and maintaining a winning attitude.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8578670